Information for Participants
The safety of our members working at projects during the Showcase of Remodeled Homes and Outdoor Living Showcase as well as attendees touring the projects is of upmost importance. These safety guidelines below are designed to help builders reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19 (coronavirus) during the event. As a participant on the event the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire is requiring participants take the following steps:
- Stay home if you are sick. Have a partner or employee show the project.
- Strongly encourage those working at the project to wear a facemask.
- Mask wearing is strongly encouraged to the public and it will be noted on the tickets and event materials that some projects may require masks be worn. If your home owner requires masks be worn to enter, consider purchasing masks from a local retailer to supply at the entrance to the project.
- Hang up signs at the entrance promoting 6’ social distancing while at the project. The association will provide signs during material pick up.
- The association will provide hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol) per project open to the public at material pick up. Place sanitizer at the entrance to the project for attendee use.
- Leave all lights on in the house as well as doors open (front door, fence door, patio doors, closet doors, etc.) to minimize contamination (unless weather does not allow for this).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched areas such as countertops, door knobs, stair rails, display areas, etc. Make sure to use personal protection equipment (PPE) when cleaning and disinfecting, such as gloves and eye protection.
Signs or table tents provided at material pick-up:
- Attendee guidelines sign (required to be posted at attendee entrance)
- Table tent – Please refrain from touching surfaces
- Remove shoes sign
- Masks required to enter sign
Questions? Please call (605) 361-8322 or email email@example.com.
|Monday, May 17||Registration Opens - members will be notified by email|
|Thursday, June 10
|Initial Registration Deadline
Entries are accepted through June 17 by 5:00PM - additional $50 late fee per entry applies
Items due: Registration check, Participant Entry form, Homeowner's agreement, google map printout, certificate of insurance, company logo, 'before' photo
|Thursday, June 17
|Last day to enter or withdraw entries After 5:00PM, no refunds|
|Thursday, June 17
|Final deadline for submitting Home Ideas program information - Project description, company info, company logo, before photo(s)|
|Friday, August 20||Deadline for homes to be 100% photo ready for 'after photos'|
|Week of August 23||Professional ‘After’ Photoshoots with Home Ideas. Home Ideas will contact your company directly to set up a time to take photos.|
|Wednesday, September 1||Participants proof Home Ideas listing (will email to participants in AM) due by noon Sept 3|
|Friday, September 3
|Deadline to proof Home Ideas information|
|Th-F, Sept 30-Oct 1
9:00AM - 5:00PM
|Pick up event materials (yard signs, directional signs, tickets, etc…) at the association office (6904 S Lyncrest Place, Sioux Falls, SD)|
|Saturday & Sunday, October 2 & 3
Noon - 5:00PM
|SHOWCASE OF REMODELED HOMES & OUTDOOR LIVING SHOWCASE|
|Saturday, October 2
5:00PM - 8:00PM
|Participant Reception (Free drinks and appetizers for participants, sponsors and anyone that worked at the project during the event)
|Monday, October 4
|Return yard signs, directional arrows, consumer surveys, admission monies to receive full sign deposit back ($50 deducted from deposit per missing or damaged sign)|
Free marketing materials
Have progress or completed photos of your participating home(s) to share? Email photos to us and we'll add them to the Facebook photo gallery for the event.
Copy and paste the posts below or use them to create your own during the dates specified. Feel free to change up the posts to encourage consumers to stop by your specific home(s).
Through September 27
- Mark your calendars! The Showcase of Remodeled Homes and Outdoor Living Showcase events are coming up October 3 & 4. For more information and to check out the full list of participating homes, builders and landscapers on the event, visit hbasiouxempire.com or pick up the October issue of Home Ideas magazine. #hbasiouxempire
September 28 - October 2 (Week before first weekend)
- Looking for something to do this weekend? The Showcase of Remodeled Homes and Outdoor Living Showcase events are coming up this Saturday and Sunday, October 3 & 4 from noon to 5pm both days. For more information and to check out the full list of participating homes, builders and landscapers on the event, visit hbasiouxempire.com or pick up the October issue of Home Ideas magazine. #hbasiouxempire
October 3 (First day of the event)
- Looking for something to do today and tomorrow? The Showcase of Remodeled Homes and Outdoor Living Showcase events begin today and runs through Sunday, from noon to 5pm both days. For more information and to check out the full list of participating homes, builders and landscapers on the event, visit hbasiouxempire.com or pick up the October issue of Home Ideas magazine. #hbasiouxempire
October 4 (Final day)
- Today's the final day! The Showcase of Remodeled Homes and Outdoor Living Showcase events continue from noon to 5pm. For more information and to check out the full list of participating homes, builders and landscapers on the event, visit hbasiouxempire.com or pick up the October issue of Home Ideas magazine. #hbasiouxempire
Use the hashtag #hbasiouxempire when posting about your project(s) on social media and we'll do our best to repost.
Tag the association's Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts @hbasiouxempire on all.
These are great to display in your office lobby or showroom to promote the event. Available while supplies last.
Click here to download a PDF of the poster (11x17")
When linking social posts to the event's website, please use the link
hbasiouxempire.com which hosts the most up-to-date list of participants and information.
Do you have an electronic outdoor marquee at your business? Consider promoting the event by placing the event logo, event dates and website on it.